Art Supplies + Equipment
VisArts accepts in-kind donations of art supplies and equipment, provided we can use the materials in our studios.
We gladly accept:
- Drawing and painting media (oil and acrylic paint, pencils, markers, pastels, crayons)
- Paintbrushes (oil, acrylic, foam)
- Tape (painters’ tape, masking tape)
- Glue (craft glue, hot glue, glue sticks)
- Paper (drawing paper, construction paper, watercolor paper, rolls of paper)
- Fiber studio and sewing supplies (fabric dye, needles and pins, yarn, spools of thread, weaving supplies). At this time we are not accepting any fabric donations.
- Clay tools
- Printmaking supplies (blank screen-printing screens, screen-printing ink, block-printing ink, brayers)
- Photography supplies (unused film, photo paper)
- Stained glass supplies (large pieces of suitable glass, glass cutters)
- Jewelry supplies (copper or brass sheets, solder)
- Books (art history books, fine arts books)
- Protective gear (safety goggles, aprons, latex gloves)
- Cameras (film and digital cameras—must be in working order)
We sadly cannot accept:
- Expired supplies
- Chemicals of any kind
- House paint
- Pre-stretched canvases
- Frames or framing supplies
We do accept some large or specialized equipment such as kilns, power tools, printing presses and photo enlargers, but we ask that you check with us before making a donation of this nature.
Questions about making an in-kind donation? Call our front desk at (804) 353-0094 or email email@example.com and an education associate will assist you.