Are you looking for a space to create? Need access to specialized tools and equipment? Want to become part of an awesome community?
VisArts’ Studio Access Program offers affordable access for adults ages 18+ to 17 professionally equipped studios designed for a variety of visual art media, including: clay, creative writing, digital media, drawing + painting, fiber, flameworking, glass, letterpress, metals, darkroom photography, printmaking and wood.
Cost + How to Apply
There are two ways to pay for studio access at VisArts:
- Hourly at $10 per hour, or $8 per hour with a current VisArts contributing membership.
- Monthly at $120 per month, or $100 per month with a current VisArts contributing membership. Monthly access ends 30 days after the date we receive payment.
- Want to work in multiple studios at a monthly rate? Add monthly access to other studios for an additional $60 per studio per month, or $50 for VisArts members.
- Students can register at a special rate for $5 per hour. Students enrolled in an adult multi-week class that is underway will now be eligible to reserve hourly studio access appointments at a reduced student rate of $5/hour. A private link to access appointments at the Student Rate will be included in class confirmation emails sent to students.
To access our studios
- Submit an application using the link below
- Get approval from VisArts staff
- Get a studio tour and any additional training on equipment, if needed
- Sign our studio access agreement and agree to our studio policies
- Book studio time using the link below
Reserving + Paying for Hours
Studio access hours are reserved online in advance. Hours can be reserved right up until the hour you would like to book and for up to two weeks out from the current date. Payment is collected at the time you reserve online through Paypal; monthly users can purchase a monthly package that will cover hours booked within 30 days while hourly users will pay each time they reserve hours.
Cancellation Policy: You will be able to transfer your reserved hours to another open time. But if you would like to cancel your appointment and receive a refund, you must contact the front desk to make a cancellation request. In order to be eligible to receive a refund, Studio Access users must make their cancellation request by 12pm the day prior to their appointment
Studio Access + COVID-19:
To keep you safe and minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19, we have implemented some new rules and measures:
- Beginning with our spring 2022 session that starts March 28th, 2022. we will require that all adults ages 18 and over be fully vaccinated in order to participate in our studio access program. Individuals must provide proof of vaccination and have this verified before they can work in our studios.
- You must sign up for studio access in advance. Studios have smaller capacities to ensure that everyone can maintain social distancing, so sign up early!
- Those working in the studio will also be asked to disinfect their work areas when they leave
- You must adhere to our COVID-19 safety policies. This includes covering your nose and mouth with a mask at all times. You can read our full policies here.
If you have any questions about studio access at VisArts, please email email@example.com.